Thursday, April 05, 2007

Gross-Out Part 4

So, once again I was seated behind someone. I immediately began to read my book when I noticed the woman in front of me had her hand up to her head for an extremely long time. Already wary of such situations (see Gross-Out Part 1) I took a peek at her from the corner of my eye. She must have been psychic or something, because she immediately turned around to look at me, then turned to look at everyone else in the bus, all the while with her hand still at her head. I waited a few seconds before taking another look. The woman had a patch of baldness at the crown of her head, approximately 2 inches tall by 4 inches wide. With her left hand, she was going hair by hair around the perimeter of this bald patch, giving each hair a tug. When a hair came loose, she would drop it on the ground and move on to the next hair. I'd like very much at this point to make a smart comment that will make this situation both humorous and poignant, but honestly I am at a loss.

No comments: