Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Gross-Out Part 1

I boarded the bus for what was the last leg of my morning journey, looking forward to sitting and contemplating my latest favorite concept. I took a seat on my left, so I can see out the front window. I guess everyone falls into little patterns like that. The bus began to roll forward, about to begin its gradual climb up the hill. The person (man? woman? I honestly didn't take the time to check) sitting in front of me reached up and scratched his/her head. When he/she did this for the second time, I happened to look up and take notice. It was at this point I discovered that this person sitting in front of me had some sort of scabbiness on his or her head. What was worse, every time he or she scratched it, bits of this awful thing would flake off and drift, agh, towards me! Parts of the wound were already open from previous scratching. Horrified, I leaned further and further away from this thing, barely able to hold back screams of terror and waves of nausea. Finally, I managed to pull myself together and move. This, of course, made me realize that an unexamined set of patterns is a set not worth following.

No comments: